Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Linkage Assurance and First Aluminium - Would You?

I have been targeting NEM insurance and Premier Paints for over two weeks now. Everytime my broker returns unsuccessful. It has been quite frustrating monitoring these stocks from the very first time I placed the orders and see the price rising and yet couldn't find any to purchase. Its a classic case of losing "phantom" money. Anyway, I gave up chasing on these stocks and made a new order yesterday(Feb 5). I requested for Linkage Assurance and ordered for more units of First Aluminium. Fortunately, my broker came back successful.

The interesting thing about First Aluminium for me is that I have not seen their financials or made any detailed analysis of the company's stock. My decision to buy this stock(at least in the short term) is largely informed by a discussion I had with a colleague of mine in the gas supply business who had an opportunity to relate with the comapny sometime in the not too distant past. In the course of our five mins discussion, I was able to pick up "healthy" comments about the relationships and plans of the company. The final comment I heard that triggered my buy decision was that the business of Aluminium was profitable but the problem is....ofcourse...POWER! well, thats not new, even in my house, I have that problem, does it then mean I have weak fundamentals...LOL!

I am hoping somehow, I will be able to lay my hands on the financial reports of First Aluminium and then take my time to digest and analyse, but in the short term, my reading of market sentiments(which is somettimes more important than financial performance for short-term trading) favours an upward swing in the stock. we might experience some fits within the next week or two, but largely, I think the stock can make a 20-30% appreciation in the next 2-3 weeks...pray and hope I'm right!

For Linkage, well, I have been tracking that stock for a while now, and should say the price is not as low as when i started tracking it in January; though the option I chose over Linkage then was Equity Assurance which I bought. in the next ranking order was NEM, which as I mentioned earlier, I could not get. So Linkage came in thrid place. I anticipate more price appreciation of this stock at least enough to meet my short term growth projections.

If I will recommend another stock I wish to buy, I will say AIICO. I believe the price is very right at the moment(already moved from N3.43 to N4.15 i just 2 days?) and I anticipate it will race to over N6-N7 in another week or two. I'm not just sure how easy it will be to get in the market now.

ok guys...enjoy!

No comments: