Thursday, July 19, 2007

Smiling Fortunes!!!




My resolve has never been tested as much as it happened this night. It's unbelievable what happened to me. The very tool expected to give me expression of the thing I hold very dear, became an alibi to introduce some desperation to my feelings...you wonder what this ranting is all about?

I have spent the last 2 hours putting together a masterpiece introduction to this blog which I have been postponing for the last 2 years. It was wonderfully crafted (or so I believe), I was done with the editing, crossed all my "ts" and dotted the "is". and then smiled to myself...wow such a piece..all of a sudden NEPA(oops, sorry PHCN!) struck. I tried to quickly cut and paste the write up onto Microsoft word(apparently there was no need for that, the blogging tool actually saves your write-up as draft seconds after your nails get off the keypad...nope, I wasn't listening, some moments of madness ensued, these PHCN guys have taught me in the past, no risk is worth taking...in the clumsiness of a few seconds, my muscles tripped, the mouse became a gun, it wiped off my entire write-up...i calmed just a bit, but not enough...I reached for the "undo" key..don't know what happened..was it my eyes? was it the hunger I felt...really can't tell...when I fully realised what it was...the undo combination all returned a blank white screen....My people, I no fit cry!!!

I found myself torn between picking myself and working away from this wonder of our time and cursing it for my mild misfortune...then I noticed, the blink...that wonderful blink that entices a nerd to the screen just like the smile of father's first little girl entices him to come home early...calling for my attention and waiting for me to push the pads again...go on I can hear...Express your self again...I'm sorry it says...but if you turn away today, you'll meet me here again - even if it takes another 2 years! Then I retorted..."no be your fault, if to say I know, na paper I for write am put..all this shakara for no happen!"

The words don't flow again, not like when I started...but how for do?..This Blog, na tonight I go start am....

No comments: